Thursday, September 4, 2014

Leaving a special place


Pico as seen from high above the harbor in Horta

While it is very satisfying to be starting this second leg of our journey around the North Atlantic it is a bit melancholic at the same time. Sailing away from Faial brings to a close an experience I've thought so long about. It is not just another island, yes it is beautiful, but it is much more than that. It's where my family came from...it's where some of my family still lives. It is an iconic location with regard to trans-atlantic sailing and I consider myself very fortunate to have had the opportunity to complete this passage and share this experience with family and friends. A special thanks to all our friends and family on this gem of an island for all that you did to make this visit so special and memorable....Muito Obrigado...Um Abraco!

No comments:

Post a Comment